After going through plethora of diet programs available online, you may have shortlisted between the most popular and effective diet programs: Nutrisystem and Medifast. However, choosing between the two popular diets is still not an easy task. Both diets are designed with prepackaged meal delivery concept which includes memberships. Also, they are supplemented with fresh foods from grocery market. Nutrisystem and Medifast diet programs are particularly beneficial for those that don’t wish to cook due to time constraint or lack of interest. If you have to make a choice between these two diets, you should find out the features and how it works. Nutrisystem is considered to be more popular in terms of US rankings. As far as Medifast is concerned, it is equally a good choice for those looking for obtaining faster weight loss results. Let us have a closer look at these two diet programs to help you make a right decision.
Nutrisystem is a simplified diet program that offers weight loss through its freshly cooked and packaged meals. There is no need to decide on the types of foods to add in your diet. No trouble with counting calories as well as carbs. Also, the quantity of foods is taken care of as the meals are portioned and packed before delivery. It helps you stay away from junk and fatty foods since food is shipped to your door which is inclusive of meals and snacks. Once you subscribe to Nutrisystem, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert each day. Besides, you can include other items such as fresh fruits and vegetables that can be bought from grocery stores.
How does Nutrisystem work?
If you wish to switch to Nutrisystem diet program, you can visit the official website and purchase foods for 28 days. There are different plans to suit the needs of every individual. Users also have an advantage of choosing food items individually. There are plans for men, women, diabetics and older people that can be signed up for. Nutrisystem foods are delivered after its prepared using fresh ingredients. Users need to heat up the food before consumption. However, if you wish to prepare some snacks deserts, you can do so by buying items from the grocery store.
The meal plan of Nutrisystem mainly targets on:
A whole mix of nutrients: When you choose Nutrisystem, you will be offered foods with a wide variety of nutrients which includes protein, carbs and fats.
Smart Carbohydrates: The benefit of smart carbs is that they don’t increase your blood sugar like other foods does. Once you are on the plan, you should limit high GI foods like white rice, white bread and specific fruits.
Restricted Calories: The diet program is designed in a manner that helps users lose about a pound or two every week. The Lean 13 plan helps women lose up to 13 pounds as well as 7 inches within the first of month of subscription itself. Men can lose up to 15 pounds with 7 inches.
Limited Sodium: The diet program of Nutrisystem offers 2,000 milligrams of sodium each day. When foods are of low sodium content, it helps in achieving weight loss results effectively.
Placing the order for a month is a very simple task and there are different plans that are programmed to help people meet their requirements. If you are a vegetarian then there are no-meat plans that can be opted. With so many benefits and conveniences, there is no wonder that Nutrisystem has gained immense popularity in US. The key concepts of Nutrisystem has been discussed below.
- Portion control – Most people are unaware of the importance of portion control in a diet. Simply incorporating healthy foods in your diet is not sufficient for weight loss and good health. One needs to realize the significance of portion size as well. If you don’t consume foods in appropriate quantities, you may not yield positive weight loss results. You should pay attention to food quantity and not let your weight loss efforts go in vain. Therefore, Nutrisystem applies this concept of portion control in its program and offers prepackaged meals that are portioned appropriately. Not only meals but snacks are also measured perfectly before packing. This way your daily intake of calories can be maintained and you can notice weight loss effects within a short span of time. One of the major reasons for Nutrisystem’s success rate is portion control.
- Balanced Nutrition – In addition to selecting the right type and quantity of foods, it is equally important to choose the right combination of nutrients for good health and fat loss. Most people pay least or no importance to nutritional foods and end up starving to achieve weight loss results quickly. This is not a correct method and hence Nutrisystem has designed a weight loss program which includes foods with low fat, high protein, low sodium, fiber enriched and low glycemic carbs. The diet program has a team of nutritional experts that has designed the diet program without compromising on the taste.
- Frequent Meals – Besides eating traditional meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is necessary to include mid day snacks in your diet. Avoid having three full meals per day and instead stick to six smaller meals within duration of 2 to 3 hours daily. It provides maximum energy and makes you less hungry. When you choose Nutrisystem, you are offered with a mix of both fresh foods from grocery and packaged foods. The benefit of eating smaller meals frequently is that it makes you feel less hungry and the situation of mindless eating does not arise. Nutrisystem follows the theory of providing 6 meals per day which includes meals, snacks and dessert.
Keeping your calorie intake under control and eating regular meals is the key to good health and weight loss while on the plan. If you succeed in sticking to the packaged meals and include other healthy foods, you will certainly lose weight and stay fitter. The meals offered by Nutrisystem are good and contains all the required nutrition. As you continue following the program, you will understand the significance of eating healthy foods in appropriate quantities frequently. This way, you will learn to live and eat healthy.
As far as Medifast is concerned, it may not have the recognition and popularity like Nutrisystem, but it certainly is effective if followed with consistency. The program was designed by a doctor and is quite popular within the medical industry. It is recommended by more than 20,000 doctors since 1980. The diet program from Medifast basically is a diet that targets vitamin enriched meals in the form of shakes, powders and bars. These meals get delivered once you enroll into the program. The users of Medifast mostly ingest half the calories that they are normally used to when they begin the program. Hence, users can notice weight loss results in a short span of time. It is known for offering rapid weight loss when compared to other diet programs like Nutrisystem. However, the challenge here is to maintain the program for life. Those who have managed to maintain their weight loss are leading a fitter and healthier life today.
How does the program work?
The Medifast diet program offers 30 day kit that is inclusive of snacks, shakes and bars. These meals contain rich nutrients that offer the right vitamin without adding to your calories much. Users of Medifast ingest around 800 to 1000 calories each day in the diet program.
About Medifast Plans
Although there are many plans offered by Medifast, but the Medifast Achieve Plan is the popular one as it includes 4 meals each day in addition to lean and green meals for two times. Lean and green meals includes lean proteins and vegetables from the grocery store along with one snack. The Medifast plan is similar to Nutrisystem as it encourages smaller meals on a frequent basis throughout the day instead of traditional 3 large meals.
Once you get accustomed to Medifast plan, your body will obtain a fat burning condition which helps in weight loss with no muscle loss. This is especially important to lose weight in a healthy manner. It helps in retaining your muscles during the weight loss process. Each and every meal of Medifast is designed with fiber and low fat protein that keeps you feeling full all day.
Many people have achieved weight loss through Medifast as they have followed it consistently. The concept behind this popular diet is to offer weight loss quickly and wean users off from cooked meals after achieving the target. Although, it may cost you a bit at the initial stage, but it works out reasonable as you get habituated to buying fresh food from the grocery and cooking it by yourself.
Meals that you can and cannot eat
Medifast offers over 70 meal replacements and the meals should be inclusive of round 5 to 7 ounces of lean protein, two servings of healthy fats and three servings of veggies. In addition to this, you can have condiments, dressings, sauces and one snack each day. Some of the choices for snacks include celery, pickles, mints, gum, Popsicle, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. As Medifast is a meal replacement plan, it simplifies planning and preparing meals. Also, you need to make multiple trips to grocery stores.
As per research, meal replacement diet programs like Medifast is effective and safe for your health. It helps in keeping the weight off for good if you manage to make changes permanently into your lifestyle. Most people hesitate to opt for such diet as they are unsure about getting adequate nutrients in their diet. As far as Medifast is concerned, users can be rest assured to get all the required nutrients that is present in meal replacements. The diet program encourages users to avoid specific food groups like dairy and hence users need to ensure that they get adequate amount of vitamin D and calcium through other sources.
Beneficial for health conditions
Medifast is an effective meal replacement plan that has helped numerous people suffering from diabetes keep their blood sugar under control. However, one should not drastically decrease their intake to avoid conditions like blood sugar. The best way out is to speak to your doctor to keep a tab on your blood sugar and take suggestions on the next action if it goes too low. Medifast is beneficial also for those with high cholesterol, blood pressure and heart diseases. When you keep your weight under control, you can cure many such diseases.
If you are looking at making drastic changes in your weight and health, the best solution is Medifast. It delivers results faster. Sticking to the program is indeed challenging, but if you succeed then you will effortlessly achieve amazing weight loss results. To ensure that you keep your weight off, you should follow the diet program with certain restrictions in your daily diet. By doing so, you will know that it will work for the long term.
Nutrisystem vs Medifast Comparisons
Although the final decision solely depends on the individual, but when you do homework right, it helps in deciding better. Some points you should consider before choosing between Nutrisystem and Medifast
- If you are looking for a diet that’s easy to follow, Nutrisystem is the one to go for.
- Looking for rapid weight loss results, then its Medifast
- In terms of taste, both Nutrisystem and Medifast are in par
- If you like the idea of quick bites that are healthy and filling, Medifast is the choice to make
- Medifast meals include bars, shakes and a few sides which you can mix and match to customize your daily menu. The program eliminates the hard task of preparing your diet meals all by yourself. There are a few adjustments that the dieters have to make when it comes to low carb meals due to less flexibility in the meals.
- Whereas dieters agree to the fact that Nutrisystem meals are balanced and devoid of trans fats. It offers low glycemic foods which are rich in omega-3 acid as well. The official site allows you to purchase plans and meals online but you will have to buy fruits and vegetables on your own.
- Medifast provides guidelines for physical exercises. The duration of workout is not mentioned which you will have to decide on your own. Medifast requires you to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to start with the exercise program.
- Nutrisystem provides you with workout DVDs designed by fitness experts which you can follow easily. They are suggested based on the plan you choose.
- If you are keen to follow a long term diet and prepare your own meals, Nutrisystem is the perfect choice.
Nutrisystem is the ultimate when it comes to weight loss and convenience. If you dislike the idea of planning your meals, cooking, and counting calories, Nutrisystem is definitely the best choice to make. If you are looking for quicker weight loss with foods that can be carried conveniently anywhere and everywhere, Medifast can be considered. Both diet programs are popular and effective in terms of weight loss.