Proteins are the key to losing weight quickly without having to skip your meals or take the help of weight loss pills. Proteins in the diet will help to keep your stomach satisfied for longer hours and you are less likely to give in to hunger cravings. However, when it comes to choosing a protein-rich diet few people are keen to experiment; they seem to rely only on a handful of the better-known protein sources which may cause taste-bud fatigue and at the same time will also deprive you of certain other protein-rich foods that are very beneficial for health. High protein diets will cause your weight to drop while carbohydrate elimination may cause you to lose body fluids. Any diet rich in proteins will release ketones in the blood which helps to reduce appetite and enables you to lose weight faster. So, the surest way to lose weight is to add more lean proteins to the daily diet; however, you must be careful not to add too much protein if you already have a medical condition concerning the kidney or liver.
Which proteins should be included in a weight loss diet?
- You should ideally choose proteins that are very rich in nutrients and low in calories and saturated fats like sea foods, lean meats, beans and legumes, low-fat dairy products, soy products, eggs, seeds and nuts. So, you should try to include salmon or other fish that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, lentils and beans that are also fiber-rich when you want a protein-rich diet. You can also add almonds and walnuts to your meals and salads.
- Spinach for instance, is not only an excellent protein source but also rich in antioxidants and many essential vitamins and minerals. When you boil spinach instead of consuming it raw, you can retain the nutrients and vitamins in it, making it easy for your body to absorb calcium.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are also excellent protein sources containing the antioxidant lycopene which reduces risks of prostate, lung, bladder and stomach cancers, and heart diseases. Besides containing high amount of protein, these tomatoes also contain a lot of fiber and potassium which are necessary for repairing tissues and heart-healthy.
- Guava is also a high-protein fruit which is loaded with fibers and low in calories. You can get a lot of Vitamin C even in a single serving of this fruit. Likewise, artichokes are huge favorites for protein-rich diets because they are rich in fibers and have perhaps the highest protein content amongst vegetables.
- A single cup of green peas is said to have more protein than a single cup of spinach. It is a rich source of Vitamin C too and improves the immune system.
- Grass-fed beef may be costly but it is very healthy and perfect for a high protein diet for losing weight. This is naturally leaner compared to conventional meat and has fewer calories. Grass-fed beef is also known to contain very high levels of omega 3 fatty acids that can lower risks of heart diseases.
- Salmon is perhaps one of the best choices when it comes to weight loss. Salmon eaters have lowest insulin levels and the wild salmon is the preferred variety. Besides, chicken, eggs and turkey can be included in your daily meals to accelerate weight loss. Eggs are rich in amino acids, iron and antioxidants; it is preferable to buy organic eggs that are free from vaccines, hormones and antibiotics.