If you are determined to follow a diet that is heart healthy, you need to choose foods that are heart friendly. You should include a whole lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, fiber enriched foods, fish and choose healthy fats over unhealthy ones. Out of many foods, there are specific foods that are known for improving your heart health. Some of the best heart friendly foods have been discussed below.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is one of the healthiest foods that offer several health benefits. It works wonders towards protection of gum diseases. When you leave your gums unchecked, it can lead to heart diseases in the long run. Hence, yoghurt is one of the heart friendly foods that one should consider. Yoghurt contains probiotics which is known for improving digestion and boosting immunity as well.
- Raisins: As per research, raisins contain antioxidants that works beneficial for fighting the growth of bacteria that causes gum diseases and inflammation. Hence choosing raisins not only protects your gums but also heart as gum diseases is directly linked to heart diseases.
- Whole Grains: Those who choose more of whole grains in their diet are known to be slimmer and are less prone to heart diseases. Whole grains are filled with antioxidants, phytosterols and phytoestrogens that are beneficial to prevent coronary diseases.
- Beans: Beans is beneficial for heart health as it is known for lowering cholesterol in the body. It contains soluble fiber that controls the formation of cholesterol in the body. Beans have several chemicals that protect your heart such as flavonoids. This type of chemical helps in reducing the risk of strokes and heart attack.
- Fish/Salmon: Eating 2 or more servings of salmon lowers the risk of forming coronary heart diseases. Oily fish like salmon or tuna consists of omega 3 fatty acids that reduce the triglycerides level in the blood which causes blood clotting. It also reduces blood pressure and regularizes heart rhythms.
- Nuts: Include nuts in your diet as it contains vitamins and minerals in addition to monounsaturated fats. Choose nuts like almonds, pecans, walnuts, pine nuts and hazelnuts as it reduces the conditions of heart diseases.
- Chocolate: When you eat moderate quantity of dark chocolates, it offers cardiovascular health benefits. It also boosts the immunity as it reduces inflammation. Dark chocolates are also known for proper functioning of blood vessels in the body. This in turn reduces the risk of dementia, diabetes, blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are best sources of vitamin A and vitamin C. In addition it contains good source of fiber and potassium that works in preventing many diseases including cardiovascular conditions. It is more beneficial when eaten raw rather than cooked form.
Thus, these are some of the best foods that are beneficial to keep your heart in good health. These heart friendly foods prevent many heart conditions and hence it is highly recommended by many health experts. If you are concerned about your heart, you can include these foods in your diet to lead a healthy and disease free life.