In order to improve heart health, there are many effective workouts that can be easily performed by everyone. To maximize heart health, it is important to perform rigorous workouts for 30 minutes such as aerobics. If you cannot perform them all at once, you can do it part by part in duration of 15 minutes two times in a day. The benefit of aerobic exercises is that it keeps your heart in a good condition and prevents many diseases related to heart
Here are 6 effective workouts to improve heart health
- Walking: Walking is one of the most effective aerobic workouts that are recommended for people of all age groups. The best part about walking is that it is fun and enjoyable and also safe on joints. You can dedicate 30 minutes of your time to do walking daily. You can simply walk up to the grocery store or your neighborhood instead of using your vehicle or public transport.
- Stair Climbing: In addition to walking, climbing stairs is yet another effective workout that enhances heart health. Stair climbing is an easy workout that can be performed from anywhere whether at home or at the gym. If you are visiting a mall, avoid taking elevators and use stairs instead as it is a great way to keep yourself fit and also take care of your heart health.
- Bike Riding: The pumping motion of the leg muscles is an effective aerobic workout for your heart. You can consider either a stationary bike or a road bike to follow the exercise routine. If you want to avoid extreme weather conditions outside, you can pedal at home. However, you need to ensure that the position of the pedals and seat are appropriate in order to prevent any kind of muscle injury. Hence, the bike should be rightly adjusted and suitable for you.
- Swimming: One of the most enjoyable aerobic exercises is swimming. It is indeed one of the popular sports in United States and many other countries in the world. If you dedicate 3 hours of swimming every week, you can reap the heart health benefits easily. Swimming is also beneficial as a workout as it puts minimal stress on the joints and bones and hence there is no scope of any injury taking place during the activity.
- Elliptical Training: Using elliptical machine is one of the quickest ways to obtain heart health benefits. You can find these workout devices in majority of fitness centers and also can be bought for home use. The benefit of an elliptical machine is that it offers complete body workout at the same time. The motion of the machine is similar to that of cycling.
- Dancing: Dancing is not only fun but also beneficial as far as heart health is concerned. All you require is a good pair of shoes with some good music of your choice which motivates to dance your way. Dancing can be high impact as well as low impact which may depend on your preference. You can also choose Zumba by joining classes or performing it from home.